Friday, June 12, 2009

a challenge and a change

Challenges have been coming my way fast-and-furious style lately. So, I've been doing some thinking. Thinking and praying and reading and writing. Lots of relationship issues, but also some deep personal imbalances that I'd like to overcome. I've been reading Captivating by Stasi and John Eldredge. It's brought up many fascinating and undiscovered aspects of my role as a woman and has given me courage as a single woman to step into the life that God has called me to. Although there are criticisms and many items can be taken out of context, the book, as a whole, is a beautiful view of downplayed aspect of Christianity--how God reveals Himself through His creation.
I also came across this blog post at humblemusings.com. http://humblemusings.com/archives/2009/06/04/it-cant-happen-to-us/
It really made me stop and give some serious thought to my disgusting apathy and self-centerness in recent years. Apparently, Russian journalists think that apathy is a more widespread problem that just with me. My question is--what now would God have me do with this knowledge?

No comments: