Friday, August 31, 2007

Whistlestop, Moving on, & ToL

I was just surfing some blog sites & found this wonderful link:
http://whistlestopcooking.blogspot.com/index.html

And wonderful gifts can be found here:
http://www.whistlestopcafe.com/

Plus, if you're interested in starting your own Whistlestop Cafe, you can get details there.

I love the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" and Fannie Flagg's books, too.
{Confession, I haven't read any of them, but I listened to "Welcome to the World, Baby Girl" on tape once.}

Well, I've been pretty busy at work, so I haven't updated much.
The house thing: right now, with the house we had made offers on, well, we were rejected. We were going to take a break in the searching, but then I saw a house I wanted to look at. So we're back on the hunt, but with some experience behind us and a fresh perspective: we are OK with renting a little while more, just not in our current rental because of the mold problems. It would just be really, really nice to find a house that suits us for a price we can afford in a good neighborhood. We saw a home yesterday, but it was full of wood paneling & dropped ceilings--everywhere! It was like there was a sale on wood paneling & the home owners went crazy! It's even in closets!!! Ever heard of drywall? yikes! So anyway, for the price of the house, it's not the best option. But our realtor is AMAZING! (at least, better than the previous)

Oh and in more WONDERFUL news--my favorite, first-job-out-of-college cafe, Tree of Life, is bringing back soups! (It's like "bringing s*xy back", but much more hoped for, anticipated, dreamed about, and wanted! at least by me and my roomie) I nearly pulled my car over this morning to cope with the excitement and surprise. So, I'll be chomping down on potato bacon soup in no time! ****little blessings****

No comments: